Creative Meal Idea
Stuck for what to cook every week, lost inspiration with your meal plans or just fancy trying something different.
We have a great idea to help you create different meals without having to think about what to cook.
All you need is a jar or container with a lid, some paper, a pen, and your recipe books or your phone.
1. Cut the paper into strips big enough to write the name of a meal.
2. Select 10 recipes that you and your family regularly cook and enjoy cooking and eating. Write each of these down on a seperate strip of paper, fold it and put it in the jar/container.
3. Look through your cookbooks or search an online recipe website (i.e. www.bbcgoodfood.com) and choose 20 recipes that you have never made before but you would like to try. Write each of these down on a seperate strip of paper, fold it and put it in the jar/container with the others.
4. Close the lid and shake up the jar/container to mix up your recipes, store in a safe place.
5. When you are stuck for ideas or every week when you are about to do the food shopping, pick two recipes to cook that weekend or week.
6. If you are a family with children you can get them involved by picking a recipe each and then helping you to cook it, or you and your partner could take it in turns to pick a recipe and cook it.
7. The list on what you can do with this or how you can make it personal to you is endless.