RECIPE OF THE WEEK - HERBY MUSHROOMS ON TOAST
This simple but very tasty Herby Mushrooms on Toast recipe is from our new al fresco dining menu which is now available across our hotels.
It's the perfect lazy brunch dish with poached hen's egg, watercress and truffle oil.
125g mixed mushrooms
1 slice sour dough
Few drops truffle oil
Half a handful watercress
Splash olive oil
Few chopped herbs (chives, parsley, tarragon)
Knob of butter
- Slice the mushrooms and cook them in a little butter and oil in a pan, season and mix in the chopped herbs
- To poach the eggs, first bring a pan of water to a gentle simmer. Reduce the heat so the water is just steaming, then create a whirlpool with a spoon. Break the eggs into the water and cook for 2–3 min for runny yolks, or until done to your liking.
- Slice, and toast the sour dough bread
- Place the mushrooms on the toast, topped with the poached eggs, season the top of the eggs
- Dress the watercress in olive oil and season. Serve with the toast and drizzle over the truffle oil