RECIPE - SCONES
To help you celebrate, we are sharing the perfect accompaniment for a picnic tea party, scones with jam and cream.
Follow our quick recipe below from executive chef, Andrew MacKenzie.
Good luck and happy cooking!
450g self raising flour
½ tsp salt
100g cold butter diced
85g caster sugar
280g semi skimmed milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 200 degrees C
2. Mix flour, salt, sugar and butter until an even crumble
3. Add milk until in comes together into a smooth dough (do not over mix) remove half the dough onto a floured table, add some dried fruit to the other half and mix lightly (I prefer golden sultanas)
4. Roll out 4cm thick and cut out with a 6cm cutter.
5. Place evenly onto a nonstick tray. Lightly egg wash.
7. Cook for 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire rack and serve when still warm